Regional Railway Recruitment Boards ALP is a recruitment drive, organized at a national level that offers 24000 posts for Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) and Technicians in the Indian Railways System.
It is a huge event, one of the twenty-one Regional Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) organizes and manages the recruitment drive for all the regions.
There are few facts that you should know about RRB ALP recruitment, to ace your game in Indian Railways.
- Try to solve many sectional tests that are freely available, before attempting the RRB ALP 2020 Examination,
- You must visit the web portal set up and convened by the Regional RRB to facilitate online application for the Exam and other related procedures.
- The RRB ALP Recruitment Exam 2020 is a computer-based test, for which the tentative dates are yet to be declared.
- There are a total of 6 sections in the Exam that of multiple-choice type questions.
- The result will be displayed on the official website of the candidates.
Railway Zones included in filling vacant posts for Assistant Loco Pilots and Technician:
- Jammu Srinagar
Highlights of the RRB ALP Exam 2020
|Conducting Body||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Date of Exam||March/April 2020 (Tentative)|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||10th pass & ITI/Diploma in Engineering|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Vacancies||23000+|
|Pay Scale||5,200-20,200-1,900 INR|
|Posts Offered||Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP) Technician Grade III|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type (MCQs)|
RRB ALP 2020 Revised Calendar of Events
The table below highlights the tentative dates for RRB ALP 2020.
|Application Form Submission Deadline||January 2020|
|Availability of Application Form||January 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card for Written Exam||Two weeks before the scheduled exam date|
|Publication of Results||Approximately a month after Exam|
|Release of Official Notification||December 2019|
|Scheduled Exam Date||March/April 2020|
RRB ALP Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the RRB ALP Exam 2020 is matriculation with Diploma or ITI in Engineering.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the RRB ALP 2020.
- Education: Candidates should be minimum 10th pass and possess ITI Certification, or Diploma Engineering (excluding Computer Science or Civil domains).
- The age of the candidate should be 18 to 30 years for unreserved candidates, while OBC aspirants get relaxation for three years and SC/ST applicants get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
All candidates must note that it is crucial to meet all the criteria mentioned above, failing which, the recruitment process shall be canceled at any stage.
RRB ALP Exam 2020 Application Form
Candidates need to submit the duly filled form for applying for the Exam. Following are the steps that should be kept in mind while filling the RRB ALP Exam 2020 Application Form:
- Carefully enter all the personal details like name, educational qualification, post, mobile number, address and choice of exam center.
- The details provided in the form should be accurate, authentic and match with the official proofs/documents
- Upload the scanned copies of candidates’ latest passport-size photograph and signature
- Application Fee should be deposited using the online payment gateway.
- Also, download and print a copy of the duly filled application form for your records.
RRB ALP Exam 2020 Admit Card
RRB ALP 2020 Admit Card for the Recruitment Exam will be issued online on the official website nearly 14-15 days before the planned exam date.
It is mandatory to bring the RRB ALP Admit Card for the Exam. It is valid proof and has important information like the candidate’s name, Date of Birth, category, applied post, and the name and address of the exam centre.
It also included the exam date and time. In case of any discrepancy, contact the authorities of the RRB ALP Board immediately.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Visit the official website for RRB ALP Recruitment 2020
- Click on the link- RRB ALP Admit Card 2020
- Enter your details in the ‘Application Number’ and the ‘Date of Birth’ column
- Download and take a print of the admit card
RRB ALP 2020 Exam Pattern
The RRB ALP Exam Pattern is enlisted in the table below. Any updates in the examination scheme, pattern and syllabus would be stated in the official notification.
|Duration of Exam||90 Minutes|
|Mode of Examination||Online, Computer Based Test|
|Number of Questions||100-120|
|Sections in Paper||Five units: Arithmetic & General Intelligence, Reasoning, General Science, General Awareness, Technical Skills|
|Type of Questions||Objective, MCQ type|
The table briefly enlists the subject-wise marking scheme and number of questions asked in each section in the RRB ALP Exam 2020.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Arithmetic & General Intelligence||25||25|
Syllabus for the RRB ALP Exam 2020
A comprehensive syllabus for the RRB ALP Exam 2020 is mentioned below. This will help to prepare for the Exam and devise a study strategy.
|Arithmetic||“Decimal Fraction; LCM/HCF; Percentage; Profit & Loss; Time and Work; Time and Distance; Ratio and Proportion; Square and Square root; Cube and Cube root; Mensuration; BODMAS rule” etc.|
|General Awareness||“Indian History; World and Indian Geography; Indian Polity; Health and Physiology, General Science, National, and International Current Affairs; Computer and Information Technology”|
|General Science||“Elementary topics in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Human physiology, etc.”|
|Reasoning||“Analogy; Odd One Out; Coding-Decoding; Finding Missing Number/Pattern in Series; Distance and Direction test; Blood Relations; Ranking &Arrangement; Logical Diagram, Mirror Images, etc.”|
|Technical Skills||“Mechanical: Basics of mechanics; Thermodynamics; Strength of Materials; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning; Fluid Mechanics etc. Electrical: Atomic Structure; Voltage; Current; Resistance and their units; Series and Parallel Connections; Magnetism; Principles of Motors, Transformers, Generators; Gravity; Measuring Instruments, etc. Electronics: Conductivity; Electrons; Semiconductors; Insulator etc.”|
RRB ALP Exam 2020 Result
RRB ALP 2020 Exam Result will be declared on the official website after a month of completion of the Exam. Applicants who qualify the written test will be collated in a list and then will be called for further selection processes.
Therefore, the overall selection procedure is tedious and follows the following format: Written-test, followed by Interview and then Document Verification.
Edvizo and the team wish you all the best for the RRB ALP Exam 2020!