The entire CA course includes three stages namely-
- CPT (Foundation) level
- Intermediate level
- Final level
The examination pattern and curriculum for all the above courses are different. Enlisted below is the detailed pattern CA CPT Foundation Exam of ICAI.
Exam Pattern: CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test)
CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is an exam at Foundation Level, which allows access to ICAI courses further.
- The question paper is based on MCQs (multiple-choice questions) of 200 marks in total.
- The examination is held in pencil & pen mode for 4 hours duration divided into 2 sessions (each session is for 2 hours).
The entire question is divided into 4sections given as under:
|Subject||Minimum Marks to be obtained||Maximum Marks|
|Part A. Fundamentals of Accounting||18||60|
|Part B. Mercantile Law||12||40|
|Part C. General Economics||15||50|
|Part D. Quantitative Aptitude||15||50|
Marking Scheme for Exam:-
- Each MCQ carries one mark each and for every accurate attempt, students are allotted a full 1 mark.
- For every wrong attempt, 0.25 will be deducted as negative marking.
- Candidates have an option to choose the Hindi medium Booklet of the question paper.
ALL THE BEST!