Here we are talking about the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) which is a national examination jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Kanpur, Guwahati, Kharagpur, Roorkee and Madras on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) as the examination is conducted online for 27 subjects.
This time Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is organizing GATE 2021.
In order to get admission in Postgraduate Programs (Master’s and Doctoral) with Ministry of Education (MoE) and for any financial assistance weather Government scholarships / Assistantships or anything related to the criteria of admission in any govt. institute, qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement.
The examination result, which is called GATE scores can be used by some Public Sector Undertakings (PSUS) for the recruitment of the candidate based on the desired scores and also used by several universities in India or throughout the world for admitting in Postgraduate Programs.
The validity of these GATE scores is of THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
Upcoming GATE 2021- Noteworthy Updates
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay has released an admit card or hall ticket for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021. The candidates can download their GATE admit cards from the official website- gate.iitb.ac.in by entering their enrolment ID and password. The examination dates for GATE 2021 by IIT Bombay are scheduled to be conducted on February 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 14, 2021. It will be held in two sessions: forenoon (9 am to 1 pm) and afternoon (3 pm to 6 pm).
The examination is generally conducted in different cities in India with 210 centers and six international centers outside India. If candidates prefer international centers then they must know that this exam will be conducted internationally only if the current COVID-19 situation eases and the restrictions for travel are relaxed otherwise examination in these international centers will be canceled.
To enter the examination hall, Admit Card is the most important document and the candidate must remember that because as per the rules, no student will be allowed to sit inside the examination hall without the required documents.
- The Admit Card for GATE 2021 will be available only on the GATE Online-Application-Processing-System or the GOAPS website.
- Candidates must download them from the site by themselves because the authorities are not responsible to send these admit cards to the candidates via mail or post.
- While entering the examination hall, they must bring a print out of their admit card on an A-4 sized paper.
- The exam paper of GATE 2021 is completely objective type and may include Multiple-Choice based Questions (MCQ), Multiple-Select Questions (MSQ), or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) type questions.
- The marking schemes will be differing for different question papers and according to the exam pattern of GATE 2021, General aptitude questions will be common in all the question papers.