One of the major consequences of globalization is the remarkable escalation in the tourism & hospitality businesses. India is one of the prominent travel stations, the government of India is investing more in the development of the tourism industry and encouraging tourist destinations in our country as it plays a significant role in the economic development of our country by earning foreign exchange for our nation.
The hotel trade is a fundamental component of the hospitality industry as it has massive growth prospects in the coming future and the recruitment of hotel administration professionals is already enormous the demand for the same is anticipated to rise further as evidenced by setting up of a number of hotels in our country and worldwide.
Hotel management and hospitality placements consist of expertise like wine & dine service, marketing, and sales, accounting, front office operations, etc.
Who is Eligible?
- The one who aspires to pursue a hotel management course needs to have a minimum qualification of 10+2. One has three options considering the duration & cost associated with it, one can opt for a degree, diploma, or certificate course.
- The certificate course is for 6 months to 1-year course, diploma course for 2 years and degree course being for 3 years duration.
- Every year in April a Common Entrance Test is conducted for selection for Government recognized Colleges & Institution. The test comprises MCQs in, Reasoning, English, General knowledge & General Science.
Personal Attributes Required:-
Aspirants must be hardworking and need to have exceptionally good communication and soft skills along with that they need to be capable of handling criticism and dispute with patience. They should be very polite, respectful and co-operative with their guests in each and every situation.
There are countless exhilarating placement opportunities for any hotel management degree holders. Since in a hotel there are many segments namely Front Office, Operations, Accounting, Wine and Dine, Marketing & Sales, Security, Maintenance, etc. One has the choice to pick a field of their taste & follow a career & successfully develop themselves in that.
A Hotel Management degree holder or a diploma holder has got numerous options other than jobs in a restaurants and Hotels. Enumerated below are few other job opportunities for hotel management graduates:-
- Club Management
- Hospital Administration &Catering
- Airline Catering & cabin Services
- Indian navy Hospitality Services
- Forest Lodge
- Hotel Management for Cruise/ Ships
- Self Employment Etc.
After completion of your degree or diploma in Hotel Management, you are recruited to the industry as an apprentice and thereafter absorbed into different job titles. Salary for a Hotel Management degree holder at the beginning is ranging between 7000- 12000 and will escalate with the experience in the particular area.