Are you wondering how to crack IIT JEE in 1 year without coaching?
Initially, the question should be that – is one year sufficient to crack the IIT JEE exam without coaching?
Gladly, the answer is yes, it is. Many have prepared for the IIT JEE exam and cracked it in a year. You may or may not enroll in a coaching institute, but the real difference lies in self- practice. Many students do not pay heed to their studies as required, or until they reach in class 12th.
We understand that many of you think that cracking IIT JEE exams require more focus and hard work if you do not enroll in a coaching center, but hey! Even then, it is possible; aspirants have done it and are doing it even now.
All that is required is to keep a few things in mind, and you can achieve this target too!
First thing first – know your syllabus!
It would be best to regularly check the syllabus for the IIT JEE exam from the official website. However, a little word of caution is that there will be many chapters you might not have even heard of, yet do not freak out!
Therefore, if you are at the end of your 11th grade or beginning of your 12th class, Edvizo advises you to divide the syllabus between the weeks and months.
Here are the most important topics that you cannot miss and will have to prepare really well.
- Alternating Current and Electromagnetic Induction
- Current Electricity
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Law of Motion
- Modern Physics
- Rigid Body Dynamics and Rational Motion
- Waves and Oscillations
- Work Power Energy
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical and Molecular Bonding
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination compounds
- Electrochemistry and Redox reactions
- General Organic Chemistry
- Mole Concept
- P block, D&F block elements
- Solutions and Colligative Properties
- States of Matter
- Application of Derivatives
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Conic Sections
- Definite Integration
- Differential Equation
- Limits Continuity and Differentiation
- Make a schedule
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and functions
- Sequences and Series
- Straight lines and Family of lines
- Trigonometric Functions
- Vectors and 3D
The second important point is to – get the right study material!
This one is the easiest thing to do. All you have to do is go through this extensive list of books and have enough material for your preparation.
I.A. Maron – Problems in Calculus of One Variable
Arihant Publications -Differential Calculus
Arihant Publications – Integral Calculus
Tata McGraw Hill (TMH)-Complete Mathematics for JEE Main 2018
H.C.Verma – Concepts of Physica Vol I and II
I.E. Irodov – Problems in General Physics
Halliday, Resnick & Walker -Fundamentals of Physics
J.D March- Organic Chemistry
S. Chauhan – Concept of Organic Chemistry
NCERT- Chemistry XI & XII
O.P. Tandon – Inorganic Chemistry
The third thing is a few tips to crack the IIT JEE engineering exam-
- It is always good to follow a schedule while preparing for competitive exams like IIT JEE. I would suggest you put less emphasis on your school and more on JEE (only if you are genuinely determined).
- Make a study schedule, and follow it strictly! Do not waste time in between classes but focus on solving questions!
- Make a plan of number and name of courses you have to cover every week and stick to it!
- Dedicate a minimum of 7 hours a day on weekdays and more on free days for 12 months years, and you will get along absolutely fine.
- Do not procrastinate. It is the key to failure.
- Say a big NO to any sort of distraction. Your PUBG, Candy crush, and crushes can wait for a year!
- Do not plunge deep into topics, but understand the basics of the concepts. Learn as much is required and know that you are not doing post-graduation.
- Practice the previous year’s paper and mock tests regularly. Edvizo has additional blogs – all planned for you!
ALL THE BEST!
It is going to be tough, but it will be worth it!
Edvizo wishes you all the best!