IES Exam earlier known as ESE Exam is organized by UPSC to select hopeful engineers for different posts in Indian Engineering Services. Indian Engineering Services remains the most looked for after vocation for the building graduates in India. Engineering Services Examination generally known as ESE is directed every year by UPSC to enroll engineers in four spaces called Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics and Telecommunications for the techno-managerial posts.
The assessment establishes a two-phase composed assessment followed by an interview. ESE is considered as perhaps the hardest assessment in India because of less posts and high rivalry. Attributable to exceptionally serious determination strategy, IES officials convey high regard and status and are ordered to oversee and execute exercises in different specialized and administrative fields.
The idea of work performed by these administrators to a great extent relies upon their engineering branch and the administration or framework they are selected in. The profession movement goes easily achieving high regard. The basic position offered is that of Asst. Executive engineer and the pecking order closes at the situation of Chairman/Managing Director.
- IES/ ESE Full Form- Indian Engineering Services also known as Engineering Services Exam
- Conducting Body- UPSC (Union Public Service Exam)
- IES Exam Level- National level
- Application Mode- Online
- Exam Mode- Offline
- No. of vacancies- 495
- Frequency- Once in a year
- Selection process– Preliminary, Main Exam & Interview
- Admit card availability- 3 weeks before the exam
- Application fee- Rs 200
IES exam pattern
The assessment will be directed by the accompanying arrangement-
Stage 1: Engineering Services Examination (Preliminary) (Objective Type Papers)
Stage 2 : Engineering Services Examination (Main) (Conventional Type Papers)
Stage 3 : Personality Test
The Engineering Services (Preliminary) Examination will comprise of two multiple choice type questions papers and conveying a limit of 500 marks (Paper 1- 200 Marks and Paper II- 300 Marks). Just those applicants who are announced by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be qualified for admission to the Main Examination. The Marks acquired in Preliminary Examination by the applicants who
are proclaimed equipped for admission to the Main Examination will be deciding their last sequence of merit.
The Commission will draw a rundown of possibilities to be equipped for Engineering Services (Main) Examination dependent on the measure of least qualifying marks in General Studies and Engineering Aptitude (Paper-I) and Engineering Discipline specific (Paper-II) of Preliminary Examination. There will be negative marking for wrong answers set apart by an up-and-comer in the objective type question papers. There are four options for the responses to each query. For each question for which an off-base answer has been given by the up-and-comer, 33% of the marks relegated to that question will be deducted as punishment. On the off chance that an applicant offers more than one response, it will be treated as a wrong answer with the same penalty.
The Engineering Services (Main) Examination will comprise two conventional sort papers in Engineering Discipline with the span of three hours and most extreme characteristics of 600 (300 Marks in each paper). Candidates who acquire such least qualifying marks in the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Engineering Service Examination will be called by commission for Personality Test. The Personality Test will convey 200 marks. Up-and-comers will be dispensed to the different administrations keeping in mind their positions in the assessment and the inclination communicated by them for the different posts.
Eligibility for IES:
Competitors ought to be:
- A resident of India/ A subject of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan displaced person who approached India before January 1, 1962.
- An individual of Indian origin , who relocated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi and Ethiopia or Vietnam, aiming to remain in India.
- Given that an applicant having a place with classes above, will be an individual in whose favor a certificate of qualification has been given by the Government of India.
Wannabes that have achieved an age of 21 years and must not have accomplished an age of 30 years on January 1, 2020. Up-and-comers ought not be brought into the world sooner than January 2, 1990 and not later than January 1, 1999.
Competitors must be genuinely fit for the admissions to Engineering Service Examination according to the rules referenced.
An applicant must have:
- Certificate in Engineering from a perceived college
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Gotten a degree/confirmation in Engineering from such Foreign University which is perceived in India.
- Breezed through Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- Breezed through Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III or Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
- Breezed through Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
- For Naval Armament Service – MSc degree or its equal with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as an uncommon subject.
- For Indian Radio Regulatory Service – MSc degree or its proportional with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a unique subject or MSc with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a specialized subject.
Vacancies in 2020:
Indian Engineering Services – IES Vacancy 2020 The Commission has delivered the notice for a sum of 495 opportunities. The all outnumber of opportunities to be filled for the post will incorporate opening for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD). In any case, the quantity of opportunities is at risk to alteration. Reservation is additionally accommodated SC, ST, OBC, EWS and Physically Disabled classifications.
- Vacancies barring PWD – 474
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD):
– Low vision- 03
-Locomotor incapacity- 11
-Hard of hearing- 07
- Absolute- 495
IES Application Form 2020
The competitors need to fill the IES application structure 2020. The application forms are accessible online on the official site of UPSC.
While topping off the application form, up-and-comers need to choose the favored setting for the test community.In the wake of filling the application form, the up-and-comers need to present the recommended application charges according to their category.
Download IES Admit Card 2020
The IES admit card 2020 will be given on the official site for downloads. The applicants will require their application number and date of birth to download the admit cards. UPSC admit card is a significant record having an assortment of data. Students should safeguard the admit cards until the confirmation procedure is effectively led.
IES Result 2020
UPSC will start with the enlistment of IES 2020 qualified applicants at different government workplaces based on the picked branch if branching and vacancies are accessible. This will be the last procedure after which competitors will join the administration workplaces as Executive architects, mid-level chiefs or administrators.
The groundwork for the ESE requires both clearness of ideas just as critical thinking abilities since the composed test has objective and subjective areas. A couple of key focuses will make them sail through. Start with attention to test pattern, level of specialized inquiries, and non-specialized ones, weightage of each segment to smooth out your considering methodology. Utilize previous year question papers as a manual for settling on keen choices in regards to your examination plan.