CORONA VIRUS REAPPEARS AS A SECOND WAVE. LOOKING FOR WAYS TO CURB IT DOWN?
Here it is.
So here we are again, coronavirus is back with a bang. The second wave of COVID 19 has hit many nations worldwide. While cases of COVID in India are presently on a rising trail, here’s a quick review on reasons for the second wave, the preventive measures to be taken & things one should be careful of.
As evident Coronavirus cases across the world have climbed to all-time high levels. What is even shoddier is that the curse has come back in numerous countries & is now diffusing into the environment at a renewed pace.
How to prevent yourself from COVID 19
- Keep up at least a 1-meter distance from others to trim down your susceptibility of getting infected when others cough or sneeze/ speak. Try to maintain the distance at indoor places as well. The more the distance, the better it is.
- Adapt yourself to wearing a mask whenever being in public places. Keep yourself and your hands clean every time to cut down the chance of getting infected. The mask should be properly worn covering your mouth and nose and the mask should be all time a clean mask.
How to craft a safer environment
- Evade the 3Cs: crowded, closed, or places involving close contacts.
- As per the past records, the outbreaks have been noticed in restaurants, fitness classes, offices, nightclubs,& places of worship where there has been a huge gathering of people, often the crowded and indoor settings.
- Prefer outdoor meetings: – Outdoor gatherings will be more safe comparing the indoor ones, precisely if indoor spaces are undersized and with no open-air coming in.
- Avoid jam-packed or enclosed settings but if one can’t, then take appropriate precautions:
- Open a window to increase the quantity of ‘natural ventilation.
- Wear a mask (check above details).
Follow the Basic Good Hygiene Habits
- Regularly & thoroughly wash your hands using soap and water and if not possible then sanitize them frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub
- Make a practice of not touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Every time you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Frequently the surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected.
Measures to be taken once you feel unwell
- Be acquainted with varied symptoms of COVID-19. Fever, restlessness, tiredness, dry cough, skin rashes, sore throat, loss of smell and taste, nasal congestion, etc are the very common symptoms of COVID 19 infected patients.
- If you notice even the minor symptoms, self-isolation is the first thing one should do, followed that seeks medical help and abides by the directions given by the local authority.
As the second strand of COVID -19 has hit many of the nations including India, the State Government, and the Central government has come into action, night curfew and weekend lockdowns have been imposed in many of the States and Districts, and as an ethical and high minded citizen, one should abide by the impositions to help the nation to mitigate the severity of the cases.